This recipe has been in my drafts for quite long now, and I could not post it since I wanted to bake this once again and click better pics. But I was so tempted to post it since one of my friend has been asking for this one for long now. And I really did not want to forget how I made this anyways. I am hoping to make this again very soon and post with better clicks where you can actually see the moist and crumbly texture of the cake.
The recipe was really simple and quick to make and it was the first time I used a mixture of Butter and Oil in one bread which worked quite well. I was tempted to mix Orange juice in this, since I have always got better results with it. But I controlled myself and stuck to the recipe. Next time, I will definitely make it with the Orange Juice mixed in.
Before moving on to the recipe, A very Happy Friendship Day to the World !! :)
What you need ?
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp All Spice powder ( a mix of Cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, cloves and Cardamom)
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit ( keep them in a tbsp of flour for a while before mixing to the Cake batter)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
How to Make ?
- Sift together the dry Ingredients and mix well.
- Beat butter, oil and sugar together in a big bowl and keep aside.
- Beat Eggs in another Bowl until fluffy and mix with the butter-sugar mixture. Add Milk and mix well.
- Gradually add flour to this mixture and fold in to combine, do not mix vigorously. Gently fold in the mixed fruit pieces.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking pan and bake for 50-60 minutes on 170 degrees.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut in pieces. It tasted better the next day ..
My other simple Bread / Cake Recipes:
Simple Banana Bread
Sweet Potato Bread with pumpkin seeds
No bake Mango cake
Pineapple Cardamom Bread
Simply food's Fruit Recipe, Surabhi's Lets Bake