The best thing about food is that the simplest of things are sometimes most delicious to taste. The simple Dal Rice tastes divine when you come back from a weekend full of Curries and Gravies. The usual tea feels the best thing in the world when rain showers and that regular Instant Coffee seems far better than Barista Mocha or Latte when you are tired and want to just relax.
Just like that, it happens sometimes that you don't want to spend that extra bit into kitchen. No mind and no time and then you simply prepare the first thing that comes into ur mind with the lards available in Fridge. There is a whole list of recipes I want to try but when it comes to keep my mind at peace, I select those which I have known for years through my Mum or friends. Am sure everyone feels the same.So, this one is to health and simplicity :)
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups French Beans
- Handful of Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds each
- 1 tsp Salt ( OR to taste )
- 1 tsp Red Chlli powder, turmeric each
- Cilantro to garnish
- Garam Masala to sprinkle on top ( optional )
- Heat Oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and then cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves and bay leaves and saute for half a minute. Add red chili powder and turmeric.
- Throw in potato and beans and cook uncovered for 7-8 min on a medium flame. should it starts sticking, sprinkle some water and cover it.
- When its almost done, add salt to it and give a final stir. Simmer for a min and then turn off the flame.
- Garnish with Garam Masala and cilantro before serving hot with Chapathis.